Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Charles speaks...

Since this is supposed to be a ‘losing together’ blog, I guess I should post something. Sorry for dragging my feet, I'm not a "blogger" person really. Well that and I'm too busy programming and or designing web applications or playing World of Warcraft (probably more of the latter). You got to have your priorities in order you know? Anyways, I'm really glad Brandi has taken the initiative to do something to improve her quality of life thus pushing me to do the same thing. I know together we can reach our goals. I’m currently at 457lbs and will be starting a regular work out schedule shortly. As far as food goes, she eats very little and I eat less than I was eating pre-surgery. I’m shooting for 2000-3000 calories a day (this will shift as I start to lose weight) with healthier food choices. I’m not particularly attempting a diet as much as I’m hoping to just change my eating habits and start to eat better. So my game plan is smaller portions, regular exercise and less snacking. Well, I think it’s raiding time so I’ll leave it at that. Thanks to all of those that are giving support, we really appreciate it. It’s a lot of fun sitting across from Brandi when she reads your words of encouragement. You’re going to play a big part in our success and I can not weight(haha!) for the pounds to start coming off. - C

4 comments:

Fionn said...

Hi Charles, nice to hear from you also! :)

Charles & Brandi said...

Hi honey! :)

whirled_peas said...

Great to hear from you. I'm pretty much in the same boat, just started my weight loss plan in June -- basically, I exercise more, eat better/less, and get healthier. Sounds like your plan. Once the lbs start dropping and your physical fitness level improves, it is a truly WONDERFUL feeling. :)

I started at 309 lbs and I'm down to 261.5 as of last weigh-in. All this eating right/exercising stuff seems to work after all - lol. Good luck!

(Btw, this is k8 of Ashanti.)

Sandie Elsom said...

Great to hear from you Charles. Thanks for posting.