Thursday, November 1, 2007

Just checking in...

Things are going well. I am eating better and more--which will happen until I get my first fill in a few weeks. Until then, I am taking it easy and trying to watch what I eat. The controlled part of the Lap-Band doesn't come until I start getting the band filled and it actually restricts what I am eating. Right now it's just in there--offering VERY little restriction, until I heal up and am ready to move on to the next step. So, I don't expect to start seeing any REAL weight loss until the new year--I have heard that it takes 2-3 fills before that happens and fills are usually at least a month apart. We shall see what happens. I am looking forward to resuming "normal" eating habits with restriction so I can't eat as much! This limited diet thing gets old. hehe And I have to do it for 2-3 more weeks.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Glad you're feeling stronger, Brandi! These next few weeks will be over before you know it!!

whirled_peas said...

Ditto Tam!

What's a fill? (Sorry, I'm totally ignorant about this.)

Charles & Brandi said...

Katie,

The Lap-Band has a fillable ring that is inflated with saline. That is what makes the stomach "pouch" smaller/larger and what restricts how much food you can eat. When I refer to getting a fill, it means getting the saline injected into the band to make it actually tighten up around the stomach.

Melissa said...

thank you for clarifying. i had these visions of them controlling you by remote control, but I guess it would be a needle? :) very interesting! I had no idea. I thought they did the surgery and you were done.

Charles & Brandi said...

Melissa,

They insert a "port" right under your bra line basically and that is where they inject the saline into the band. It's really quite interesting. hehe