Sunday, October 21, 2007

Getting started

I guess I should start by introducing the two of us. We are Charles and Brandi from Spring, TX. We have been married for almost 10 years and have no children. We are starting this blog to document our weight loss journey. On Wednesday, October 24, 2007, I will be getting the Lap-Band placed by Dr. Hadar Spivak. He is a wonderful doctor who is a complete pioneer in the state of Texas in the field of laproscopic and bariatric surgery. He has performed the Lap-Band surgery on my Aunt Kathy as well as gastric bypass on my friend Cindy. He is a wonderful saint of a man who changes people's lives everyday.

As we embark on this journey, we have had people ask to document and share our triumphs and struggles. While Charles isn't getting the surgery, he will be starting a "new lifestyle" with me and hopefully will lose a large amount of weight as well. The numbers may be shocking and quite embarrassing, but I am willing to share them because I have faith that we will never be returning to those large numbers.

So, stay tuned as we begin this journey...it all begins Wednesday!

4 comments:

Fionn said...

I commend you for embarking on this journey together! Will be thinking of you on Wednesday!

Vulpesera said...

Way to go, Bran! I am totally thrilled for both you *and* Charles...and proud as well!

Sandie Elsom said...

Can't wait to follow your journey and I send you virtual hugs and best wishes. Maybe it will help me get inspired too...

Lori said...

You go GIRL! What a major step you are taking to regain control. Warm wishes & kisses - Can't wait to see the progess.