Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Better and better

Went to work for a 1/2 day today. I felt pretty good even though I was pretty tired. Went to lunch with Charles and have been chilling at home. I think I'm about to go take a little nap to get rejuvinated. Things are going better. I am feeling better, eating better, have more energy--I think my body is adjusting to all the new stuff that was thrown on it all at once. Since I didn't do any kind of "pre-surgery" diet, I literally went from eating anything and everything to eating nothing. Hindsights 20/20 and I wouldn't do that to my body again, but what can you do? Lesson learned, right?

I don't plan on weighing until I go back for my follow up in a few weeks. My reason for that is that, in the rush to get things done here at the house, I managed to forget to weigh myself on our home scale so I really have no idea what my starting weight was based on that scale. I only know what it was based on the scale at the doctor's office. So, when I do my first check up, etc. and see what I weigh, I can then come home and see how far my scales are off at home and go from there. Also, it seems silly to weigh now because I know I am going to gain some back now that I am not on liquids completely anymore. It only makes sense.

I had a major bout of guilt a couple days ago--I was feeling like crap and put in this huge hole of debt with this surgery and I just was regretting the entire thing. But, as I have started feeling better, I realize that it's way too early to judge. Once I get back to 100% and have a more "non-restricted" diet, I will be much more happy. I actually am looking forward to using this tool to improve my life. It's going to take a lot of hard work, but I didn't just put us is debt $15,000 for fun. It's for real when those are the stakes!

3 comments:

Sandie Elsom said...

What sort of things can you eat now Brandi? Do you feel hungry at all? How is Charles coping? Is he eating little meals too?

Charles & Brandi said...

I am on the "mushies" stage right now. Eggs, fish, anything with the texture of babyfood. YUM! I am on this stage for 4 weeks (already basically a week in--only had to do liquids 2 days post-op). I am looking forward to REAL food again, but am doing o.k. so far. There are times I feel hungry but other times I don't at all. But, since the surgery, I have never been as hungry as I was before.

Charles is coping by making better choices right now. Until I can eat "normal" food and things that we can split, he's on his own to adjust what he's eating. We'll see how it goes once I'm back on a regular diet. :)

whirled_peas said...

Glad to hear you're hanging in there with the "mushies" and not feeling too hungry.

What was your strategy for Halloween candy? Maybe you were safe, not sure if any of it is mushy enough? Either way, hope you had a happy Halloween. :)

-k8